Thursday, September 18, 2008

My First Visitors!



My first visitors have officially come and gone!
As most of you may know I love being the vacation planner and showing people what I know so it was wonderful to have people here. (also to have them here it was nice!)

My first visitor was Mo (the director at Katie's Kids (my job in Normal))

She came down here with her husband Lee and we all had a great time! People kept making comments on how they were my parents and boy did they feel like it! They treated me very nicely while they were here! We went to Magic Kingdom on Saturday and I got to take them on a few of my favorites while they took me on some of theirs! It was a blast to be going down Splash Mountain with my boss. Not many people have that kind of relationship! We did get soaked and although the picture would have been great to have it just didn't show how beautiful we are so we opted not to get it! They went to dinner at a lot of places when they were here and they sometimes took me along!! We went to this place at the Wildreness Lodge it was really good meat and potatoe dinner plus the added comedy of an Ed's (in chicago). The waiters were rude and loud but it was hillarious! I highly reccommend this place for a good time! (Mo took lots of pictures so I will post those later!)
I went with Mo to Hollywood Studios that day we rode the Toy StoryRide. It is brand new and the wait is forever long (get there early to get a fast pass). At like 2 the fast passes were gone for the day. Totally worth the wait though!

Yesterday Heidi, Mo, and I went to Downtown Disney and Lee stayed home! Then Mo took us to lunch and we went home! It was great to have them here!

My other guest this weekend was Carly. She is Michael's (youth pastor at Calvary) girlfriend and get this... She had NEVER been to Disney! I took the day off on Sunday to show her around the Magic Kingdom. (she was passing through town and knew she had to stop!)
We got to the park at 2 and the park closed at 8. No worries though we hit up all the best rides and even had time for the parade and for a meal! It was a blast. I hope it wasn't too rushed for her (I was at "Disney Walking Speed") - yes this is an official walking speed!

The best work story for this week happened on tuesday. At Walt Disney World missing children is a common problem. (but please do not put your 12 year old on a leash... its just wrong)

Heidi was telling me about this parent at Animal Kingdom who lost her child and was running around yelling her name going completely crazy.... we dont like these people for a lot of reasons but safety is the first. (lecture time: if you lose your child, please tell a cast member and DO NOT yell their name. This give another person the oportunity to see a child who they think is lost, use the childs name, and take your child... ok lecture over!)
Anyways, the child was eventually found. The same day, I had the complete opposite story.

Right before the parade I had a dad approach me and say the following:

"Hi Brooke, My name is (lets call him Chris). My family was just up the street taking a beautiful picture in front of the castle when we sent the kids out of the picture to get one of just me and the mom. Well, we have 4 kids and we got 3 of them back but we are a little upset about the missing 4th child... His name is (lets call him bob), hes 7 years old, brown hair and eyes, wearing a blue shirt with a red hat. Our meeting spot is over there"

Needless to say I was laughing but prepared. (Lesson: stay calm!)
This guy was great. We looked for a few minutes and Bob was found in no time.

He then returned to me to tell me he had found him. (another pointer: I will look for missing kids for an hour and they have been found for 45 minutes!)

Needless to say, this guy made my day!

Well I hope everyone is doing great! The Zimmer's (my kiddies from class) come next weekend and then Dan the weekend after! I am very excited! Miss you all

Love,
Brooke


1 comment:

mom said...

Hi Brooke,
Glad you had a great day and week...
Only one more month and we get to experience the great halloween party.....can't wait...we are all excited to get there.
Love the picture of the castle and your new friends....M & M....
Love you
mom