Friday, October 31, 2008

GoodBye October!









Halloween Season is FINALLY over! The Magic Kingdoms first Halloween Party was on September 5th and tonight was the last party! Going into work today I didn't even realize that today was actually Halloween!

A lot has been going on since I posted last.

Last weekend my family was here to see me! Mom, Dad, Shanna, Betsy, Aunt Joni, Tyler, Scott, Erik, Aunt Shar, and Uncle Bob all came down for a fun-filled weekend! My mom, Shanna, Betsy, A. Joni, Scott, and Erik all came in on Thursday night! They got in really late so we went to Perkins to eat a late night snack. The next day we got up and went to the MAgic Kingdom. Of course... where else would we go!? We did different rides and ran around the park crazy like! We also took time to eat at our favorite spot, The Liberty Tree Tavern. I had to go to work that night so they all stuck around to see me in my wonderful costume! My mom went crazy taking pictures of me! One of my managers even took over my turnstile so that I could go get my picture taken with them. My mom looked like a crazy tourist running around with her camera!! It was Hillarious!

While we were at the parks Shannas Wallet was stolen from our room. This started a wonderful adventure! We had to get Security, managers, and eventually the police to deal with it. Shanna had to cancel all her credit cards. Needless to say it was a mess!

Tyler and my dad's flights got delayed so they got in even more late than everyone did the night before!

Saturday morning we got up early and went to the park. I had arranged for my mom, dad, Shanna, Aunt Joni, and tyler to go on a tour of Magic Kingdom. It started at 9 so we were there for the opening. I took BEtsy, Scott, and Erik around MK with me. We got a lot done. We had Breakfast at the Bakery and Lunch at Cosmic Rays. I think they enjoyed being able to run free in the parks. The tour last until 2 so after they all went back to the hotel to nap. Tyler joined us at Hollywood Studios where we did a few rides. We then met back up with everyone to go to Epcot. We went to dinner in China. (excellent place). We then hopped back to MK to do Haunted Mansion and Pirates. Uncle Bob and Aunt Shar joined us late Saturday night.

Needless to say by Sunday morning we were all ready for bed and slept for a long time. My dad had to fly out early to go back to work so he went to the airport sunday afternoon. Beforehand we picked up Heidi and went out to lunch. It was nice to get a good meal!! After my dad went to the airport the rest of us headed to the Halloween Party at MK. It was nice to be a guest for once! We went trick or treated and rode a lot of rides! I think everyone enjoyed the parades that I watch everyday as well! We decided to do Splash Mountain at midnight which was a lot of fun! We got stuck both times we rode it that night but it was well worth it!

My Mom, Aunt Joni, Aunt Shar, and Uncle Bob all went as Hippies or something of the sort. They had on wigs and funky shirts! IT was great! The kids all went as Double Dare people. Double Dare was a game show on Nickelodeon when we were growing up! We did a "physical challenge" during the break in the parade. All together we had 5 physical challenges. The teams were boys vs girls! The first challenge was on Space mountain. The goal was to keep your hands up the whole time. I lost it for the red team by putting my hands down on the last drop! UGH! The next challange was on the Buzz Lightyear Ride. The girls dominated this event by scoring the most points and beating ZURGE!

The last 3 challenges came during the parade. We had hats with cups on them and we had to see who could get the most marshmellows in their teammates cups in two minutes. This one we tied at. The next one was a hula hoop competion which the girls won again. The final one was the game where everyone on the team holds hands. THe person on the end holds the hula hoop and passes it over themselves. It must go all the way down the line and back without breaking the chain. AGAIN, the girls won! Needless to say the RED TEAM WON!!

The next day everyone left me again!! SAD i know! I was really excited they were here!

Sorry this is just a bunch of jibber jabber! This Monday I have the week off so I am going to fly home. Betsy has her play this Friday and Missy should be having her baby (anyday now Missy would be great!) Matt also gets sworn into his whole lawyer thing this Thursday! I hope everything is going great for you all! Love you all!

2 comments:

JSB said...

Oh my gosh,
You guys crack me up. I LOVE the COSTUMES. IT sounds like you had a great time. Only 52 more days.

Have a great trip home and we will see you soon.

Love
Aunt Jeanette

mom said...

Brooke,
Love the pictures....it was a great time...we had so much fun, thanks for everything...
Looking forward to Christmas when we are there....
Can't wait to see you Monday...
love you
mom and dad