Saturday, August 23, 2008

My first week is done!

Hello again everyone!

Well my first week as a Disney Cast Member is finally over! This week they have been filling my head with wonderful trivia facts and a lot of stuff that I just can't remember.
I found out that I will be working in the wonderful Magic Kingdom! The center of it all (everyone that works there claims it is the best park because it started WDW!) Although this does mean a LOT of late nights (sometimes we stay open as late as 3 AM) I am very excited!
I will be working as a park greeter and as Parade Audience Control (PAC). As a park greeter I will be working the turnstiles and welcoming guests and when I work the Parade Audience Control I will be setting up ropes and managing the crowd. (I get to be that person who tells your children to keep their hands of the ropes!) I have to admit that when I first found out (6 months ago) that I would be working the main gate I was slightly disappointed. I had marked it as one of my choices but I really wanted to do other things. Now however I am very excited because it is a lot of interacting with guests. I have to know everything there is to know about the park and be able to give answers to every type of question!
My first few days of training have gone well. Traditions was actually pretty interesting. We learned a lot about how Walt and Roy Disney started the company and how it all played out after their deaths. The past few days I have been one on one with a trainer. Yesterday I spent 3 hours on a computer (doing training), we got to ride rides (so that I can explain the ride to the guest) and I worked my first parade (Which was very over whelming).
Today Heidi and I both have a day off so we are going to go to Olive Garden (OG) and then to Hollywood Studios (formally MGM) and to Epcot. Tomorrow I start training at the turnstiles. I have to be at work by 6:20 which means I have to leave my apratment at about 5:15. (Wonderful I know) I will spend three days training there and be assessed on the fourth day. THen I will have Thursday and Friday off and then Train for the following four days in Parade Audience Control. This week seems like it will be very busy but I am looking forward to being able to do my job!
Last night after work Heidi and I went to Epcot. We did the ride that is in the "golf-ball" and as we went toward the countries it started to rain. (surprise surprise) Well Heidi and I decided that instead of hiding with all the other guest we would go make the best of it. For the next hour we were pelted with rain (thanks FAY) and we jumped in puddles, danced around, and had a wonderful time (Sorry mom I am on my own and I can play in the rain if I want to!) NEedless to say we cam home freezing and soaking wet! IT was a blast!
I hope that everything is going well with everyone. It is very hard being away from everyone but I can not wait to see all the people who are coming to visit me!
Hope to see everyone soon!
B

8 comments:

mom said...

Brooke
We miss you,but we are glad you are having fun....It sounds like you and Heidi had a great time at Epcot
Post a picture in your uniform if you can.
Hopefully Fay is moving on and sunny days are ahead for Florida...
We love you.
mom and dad

mom said...

Sounds like you and Heidi are having a great time!!! I'm packing the car to head south now. Its hot and humid here.

Love you.

Dad

JSB said...

Hey Brookie Cookie,

It sounds like you are keeping very busy. We are thinking about you and can't wait to hear more about your days.

We love you & miss you
The JB family
( it takes to long to type it all)

PS. Can't wait to see you in the uniform

jlp said...

Hey Brookie Cookie,Thanks for the update.  It sounds like you had an awesome week.  We are so proud of you.  Heidi sounds great too and your apartment sounds pretty cool.  I know you did a great job with the furniture.  You are a natural stager.....I am missing your help with my business. We are looking forward to your updates.  It makes us so excited for Christmas.  What fun we are going to have. Take Care....We Love and miss you, Aunt Joni and Guys

JSB said...

Ah Brookie girl I miss you so much! It sounds like you're having a blast down there! I can't wait to come see you during Christmas it will be lots of funn! Keep in touch... I love reading your updates!
Love you lots!

Jamie Anne :)

JSB said...

Hey Brookie Yamaguchi
sounds like you are having fun. What an experience !
Tell the Mouse and all his friends to look out because the Griswolds are coming to town.
This is one Christmas that Aunt Jeanette and I will be as excited as the kids.
Can't wait !!!

Unknown said...

Allison and David saw your picture online yesterday and said "Brooke!". So they still remember. 34 more days and we'll be down there!!!
David, Allison, Katie, and their mom

dani20 said...

Brooke
I’m extremely jealous that riding rides is considered doing work! Sounds like you're having a great time! Can't wait to see you in November!
Love you :)
Dani